Middle School can be a time of a lot of changes. Peace Lutheran Church seeks to be a place of consistency and fun, where middle school youth can come and find community with others just like them. We do this by:
- 7th and 8th graders gather to serve, fellowship, and eat
- We go to the zoo, sky zone, whirly ball, etc.
- We serve at Feed My Starving Children, community senior living facilities, NAWS, etc.
- These gatherings are designed by the youth to focus on their interest and needs
- Our confirmation program is led by Pastor Dave and Deacon Shari
- We allow the youth to lead the way and focus on their questions about faith rather than following a specific curriculum.
- Confirmation becomes a place where youth want to be rather than where they have to be.
- Antioch is our annual retreat. This event is for 7th-12th It is a time of deep learning and community forming within our youth group. This event is led by Deacon Shari and is supported cross-generationally by the entire congregation.
- Youth led worship services happen twice a year and are completely youth led. Our middle and high school youth plan and execute the entire worship including music and preaching. These services are lively and loved by our congregation.